Saturday 11 January 2014

ASSISTANT COACH OF AMIDAUS AIMING GFA PRESIDENT POST





Assistance Coach of Premier League side Amidaus Proff madam Mercy Tagoe Quarcoo says she is aiming to become the first Ghanaian female GFA president after she retires from her coaching career. 
The 40 year old former national star and CAF License B holder  told Campionesports.net. “Anytime I finish one step, I make sure before I move to the second step, I have already done what will push me to the second step. So, when I was a footballer, I planned to become a referee and as soon as I finished the refereeing, I decided to go into coaching. The next thing on my mind is to become the FA President,.
Mercy Tagoe played for the black Queens in both USA 1999 and 2003.She quit refereeing in May 2012 and was appointed as the assistant coach for Amidaus in August this year.
She will be hoping to follow the footsteps of Sierra Leone FA Boss Isha Johansen and Burundi FA President Lydia Nsekera who are the  only two women currently handling top leadership positions in African football.
By:Frank Darkwah

No comments:

Post a Comment