Wednesday 12 February 2014

KWAME KARIKARI EAGER FOR BLACK STARS CALL UP




Ghana youngster Kwame Amponsah Karikari has revealed his eagerness to earn a call up into the senior national team, the Black Stars.

The 22 year old who is currently on loan at Turkish outfit Balikesirspor in the second division from Swedish side AIK revealed in an interview with Montie fm that he is eager to earn a call up from Ghana coach Kwasi Appiah.

“I hope I will be called into the senior national team. I am always ready to play for my country. I am currently doing well for my Club and I will be happy if am being called up. For now I want to help my team gain promotion to the top flight. We are currently lying 3rd on the table and we have a couple of matches to go”. The former Inter Allies striker said.

He also revealed his intentions to win the top scorer award in the Turkish 2nd division.

“ I am scoring goals for my Club and I hope I will be the top scorer at the end of the season. We have 13 more games to go so I believe I can score more goals”. He added.

The tall lanky striker was part of the Ghana under 20 team that played at the African youth Championships in South Africa in 2011.

Karikari who is being compared to Togolese and Tottenham forward Emmanuel Adebayo because of his Physical characteristics and his height has netted 11 goals in 19 appearances for Balikesirspor so far this season.


                    
By Frank Darkwah
Follow Frank Darkwah on twitter.@Blaqqkoffi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment