Tuesday 11 February 2014

SOULAMA HOPING TO WIN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WITH KOTOKO




Asante Kotoko Burkina-be goalkeeper Soulama Abdulaye has revealed his intentions to win the Champions League trophy with Kotoko for the first time in so many years.

Kotoko who on Sunday could only managed a 2-1 win over Liberian Champions Barrack Young Controllers (BYC) in the first round of the preliminary stage of this year’s CAF Champions League at the Kumasi Babayara sports stadium will be hoping to win their first African title in 32 years since they last won it in 1983.
The 32 year old who was in post for the porcupine warrior when they defeated BYC 2-1 also said playing away from home in the 2nd league will not change anything.

“ Anything can happen in football right now. Away or home matches like last year where we were eliminated in the champions league because of that Bejai team. We draw away and we come and draw 1-1 at home. That is not our ultimate this year. This year we will try our best and go to the final”. The Burkina-be import spoke with SPORTS LOUNGE.

“ I play Africa with Kotoko for 7 years. I take them to the group stage one time, and I think I did not regret what I have done for the team, and I love the team and I will still give my best for the team. But I think the few times we went for Africa, we learn a lot and this year I think is our year. We try our best to get to the highest level because is not just to be in the group stage but we have to improve our self to get to the finals or taking the cup”. He added.

Soulama will be hoping to win a silver were with Kotoko after joining the Kum apem lads 7 seasons ago.Kotoko will be travelling to Monrovia to take on BYC in the 2nd league tier on Sunday 16th of February. 



By Frank Darkwah
Follow Frank Darkwah on twitter.@Blaqqkoffi

No comments:

Post a Comment