Tuesday 4 March 2014

GIDEON BAAH COUNTING ON HELSINKI EXPERIENCE TO PLAY MAINSTREAM EUROPEAN FOOTBALL






Ghana defender Gideon Baah has stated that though he is eyeing a move to any club in the main-stream European Leagues in the next three years, he wants to use his stint at HJK Helsinki FC to prepare himself for that major transfer.

“Yea, is part of my long term plan to move to mainstream Europe. Before you get there you have to be properly prepared and I think Finland, HJK and Honka have given me that platform. I don’t want to get to mainstream Europe and I’m on the bench, not getting regular playing time, frustrated one way on the other. I prefer to be here and play top flight football. But with the matter of getting to mainstream Europe is just in the pipeline and I think HJK Helsinki will just give that plate form to move forward,” He said.

Since leaving Asante Kotoko for Honka in the Finnish top flight, the 22-year-old has not played for any club in main-stream Europe.

The left-back, who has joined Finnish League champions HJK Helsinki on a three-year-deal, is nurturing dreams of playing for an English Premier League outfit.


By Dennis Mirpuri

No comments:

Post a Comment