Tuesday 18 March 2014

RASHID SUMAILA CONFIDENT OF MAKING IT TO BRAZIL




Ghana defender Rashid Sumaila has revealed he is confident of making Coach Kwasi Appiah’s squad to the 2014 FIFA World cup in Brazil.

The 24 year old who played a crucial part in Ghana’s qualification to the Mundail was out from the Stars friendly game against Montenegro in Prodgorica on March 5th.
But the burly defender has stated he is confident of making coach Appiah’s 23 man squad to the World Cup.

“I am sure I will make it to the world cup. I wasn’t disappointed when I didn’t get an invite to play in the friendly. It was just a friendly and the coach needed to test other players. I think I am playing very good and active at my team and I know the coach is monitoring me as well”. The former Ebusua Dwarfs and Asante Kotoko defender told exclusively SPORTS LOUNGE.

Rashid who now plays for South African side Mamelodi Sundowns was once voted the best defender in the country and has been a key player for Sundowns ever since joining them at the beginning of the season.

Kwasi Appiah is expected to name a 30 man provisional list before pruning it down to 23 who will represent Ghana at the Global soccer fiesta.



By Frank Darkwah
Follow Frank Darkwah on twitter.@Blaqqkoffi

No comments:

Post a Comment