Tuesday 29 July 2014

NEWLY APPOINTED HEARTS COACH HERBERT ADDO NOT IN A HASTE TO BRING IN NEW PLAYERS



Newly appointed Hearts of Oak coach, Herbert Addo has revealed his plans for the Phobians saying he will need to assess the current crop of players in the team before procuring any new player into his set up.

The former Inter Allies trainer who signed a two year deal with the Rainbow Club is yet to make any signings after being confirmed as the new head coach for the former Ghana Champions last Thursday.

 Several reports indicate that the ex-Aduana Stars and Asante Kotoko coach has tabled down a list of players to the Hearts of Oak management team since he was signed on by the club.

But the astute Ghanaian tactician in an interview with Oman FM refuting those reports saying he will need to assess the current players before making any signing.

“I will need to assess the players in the team first before trying to make any signing. I am sure the players there are all good in their own way”.

“I don’t have any player in mind at the moment. If I go and Hearts need a striker or a goal scorer we will look for one or I will try and convert a player who can score”.

“If you have a team you need to look around and make use of what you have as a coach. I didn’t have any player in mind when I went to Inter Allies but at the end we placed sixth, I just studied and monitored the players’ available and made use of them. For me, maybe I might use the current players at the moment, or we will go to the higher level by getting in one or two players”.

The 63-year-old will be making a second-coming to the Club after coaching them in the 2003/04 season where he led Hearts of oak to unbeaten run in the league.

The former Black Stars coach also helped Inter Allies escape relegation and guided them to the MTN FA Cup finals in the 2013/14 season.




By Frank Darkwah
Follow Frank Darkwah on twitter.@Blaqqkoffi

No comments:

Post a Comment