Monday 7 July 2014

REVEALED: SPORTS MINISTER HAD WANTED SULLEY’S ASSAULT ON MOSES PARKER REPORTED TO THE POLICE.




Immediate past Sports Minister Hon. Elvis Afriyie Ankrah had wanted Sulley Muntari’s physical assault on management committee member Moses Parker to be reported to the Police.

Sulley is currently serving an indefinite suspension by the Ghana FA after launching an “unprovoked attack” on the management member at the team’s camping base in Maceio during a meeting between the management team and the playing body.

Hon. Elvis Afriyie Ankrah who was away at the time of the unpleasant incident in an exclusive interview on Metro TV’s Good Evening Ghana revealed he had wanted the police involved after he was briefed on the situation.

“The Sulley issue which I thought was very bad. And when I came and I was briefed, I asked them why didn’t you call the police? Because assault is assault. I was shocked. Under no circumstances should that happen. For me what happened was horrendous. I don’t know how else to describe it”. 

Ghana’s poor performance at this year’s FIFA World Cup has been attributed to the chaotic incidence that happened in the team’s camp. 




By Frank Darkwah
Follow Frank Darkwah on twitter.@Blaqqkoffi

No comments:

Post a Comment