Thursday 24 July 2014

STEPHEN ODURO BRUSH AWAY RUMORS CONCERNING HIS DEPARTURE FROM KOTOKO






Asante Kotoko midfielder Stephen Oduro has brushed away rumors confirming he has been released by the Club. 

The 31-year old veteran midfielder who joined Kotoko in the year 2000 from Real Tamale United was reportedly alleged to have been offloaded by the Ghana Champions after his 14 years stay at the Club.

In an interview with Accra-Based Montie FM, Oduro stated that he is aware of the rumor surrounding him and indicated he has not received any information from Kotoko officials signifying his departure from the club.

“It is not true; I have been training with them [Kotoko]. I have served Kotoko about 13 years now and I have won so many trophies with them. About five league trophies. In fact I can’t count the number of trophies I have won with Kotoko”, Oduro affirmed. 

“I have reached the finals of the Confederation Cup with Kotoko on two occasions. I still have a contract with them. They signed me for three seasons last year and I have only played just one season. I have really served the Club”.

“In fact I have heard those rumors in the media. But the coaches and officials called me and told me is not true so I should not pay attention it. I asked the coach and he told me he is happy working with me and that he has never said it anywhere that he wants to release me.  The management team also told me is not true. So I’m still training with Kotoko”.

“Am sure people are saying that because they didn’t see me when the players were having their medicals. But I had already had mine with some of the other players by then. So I think that was the course of this entire rumor”.

Oduro also revealed that he is happy working with Asante Kotoko and proud to be a member of the Kotoko fraternity.

“Am very happy with Kotoko. I will be deceitful if I tell you I’m not happy with Kotoko. I am very happy. And am proud to be a Kotoko player”.

In 2012 it was reported that the management officials of the “Kumapem” club were considering organizing a testimonial match for him for his work ethic and selfless service to the club over the past years.

The former Ghana U-17 player had stint with South African side Supersports United from 2009-11.




By Frank Darkwah
Follow Frank Darkwah on twitter.@Blaqqkoffi

No comments:

Post a Comment