Tuesday 22 July 2014

NEWLY APPOINTED MEDEAMA SC COACH PRINCE OWUSU INDICATES NEW PLANS FOR THE CLUB



Newly appointed Medeama SC coach Prince Yaw Owusu has indicated his plans for the Yellow and Mauves after signing a 2-year deal with the Takwa-based club.

Owusu, who replaces Peruvian Carlos Roberto Paullete will see his contract run until 2016. The former Tema Youth head trainer who is well-known for developing young talents to reach the peak they aspire to be is therefore hoping to emulate what he is noted for by grooming the youngsters in the Medeama team for the club to yield a lucrative results from them.

Speaking with Accra-based Happy FM, the former Ghana U-20 Assistant coach indicated that his main objective is to train, inspire and prepare the talents in the team for the club to benefit from.
 “I don’t think is beyond my Power. I can really do it. I have monitored the team for the past three years and I think football is not all about entertainment, but also for business as well”, he said.

“And in that aspect I realized that the Club have not benefited. Talking of the business aspect. I have never heard that the club has sold any big player before”.

“And I think is a little bit worrying. It is worrying when you always train the boys and spend money on them without you getting anything back, it is very worrying. You sometimes even turn to lose hope”.

“But when I see the way the man[Moses Parker] likes football, I think it will help if I do this for the team so he can also yield from that and the team will also be happy. Is football, and if you do it well everyone will see”. 

Prince Owusu also noted that he would like to convey a new technical team to work with him at his new club.

“I think it will help if I bring in a new technical team on board. The only one I would like to work with is the goalkeeper’s trainer because I have a very good relationship with him. And I like the work he does. So I want to keep only him”, he added.

Coach Owusu is however expected to build a dynasty with the 2014 CAF Confederation Cup campaigners in his stay at the Club  and will be projected to safe the club to a respectable position in the 2014/15 First Capital Plus Premier League.




By Frank Darkwah
Follow Frank Darkwah on twitter.@Blaqqkoffi

No comments:

Post a Comment