Tuesday 1 July 2014

EXCLUSIVE: NURU SULLEY DISAPPOINTED IN HEARTS MANAGEMENT TEAM



Defender of Accra Hearts of Oak, Nuru Sulley has lashed out at the management of the team after the handlers of the Rainbow club failed to allow the player seal a deal despite receiving several offers from various Clubs outside the country.

Nuru who joined Hearts of Oak in 2012 from 1st division side Mighty Jets has managed to play an integral part in the Phobian glory over the last two seasons helping them finish third in the 2013/14 league season. The hard-working center half’s impressive display has seen him attract interest from several clubs including teams from Libya and Moldova. 

But officials of the 20-time league champions have failed to allow the burly defender land a deal with any of the offers tabled down.

Nuru who has just one more year left on his contract with Hearts of oak in an interview with SPORTS LOUNGE expressed disappointment in the Club officials and indicated he has no intention to extend his contact when it expires.

“I had a deal at Libya they didn’t allow me to go. And secondly I got a team at Moldova. The team offered $10,000 but they said they wanted $12,000. The team agreed on the deal but Hearts did not allow me to go”, he told SPORTS LOUNGE exclusively.

“The team sent ticket from time to time, but the managers have bounced all to the extent that the team is now tired. They are going to play in the Europa League and I want to be there”, he added.

“I call both Togbe and Hackman and they don’t pick. I’m very disappointed. I’m not the only player. Every player who is about to leave becomes a problem. They don’t think about the players’ future. They are rather thinking about the team. No one doesn’t get the opportunity that I have gotten “.

“I have one more year left on my contract and I have no intentions of renewing it when it expires”.
The 24 year old also articulated his desire to use that as an opportunity to play for the senior national team, the Black Stars.

“To me am aiming to come and play the Black Stars when I leave because it is clear that when you are playing locally it will be difficult for you to play in the Black Stars team”. But all that I will say is that am very disappointed in the team”, he affirmed.

Nuru, was part of the local Black Stars team that won silver at the 2014 CHAN tournament in South Africa and was highly tipped to make the Black Stars 30-man provisional list prior to the FIFA World Cup but failed to make the cut which was named by head coach Kwasi Appiah.








By Frank Darkwah
Follow Frank Darkwah on twitter.@Blaqqkoffi

No comments:

Post a Comment