Monday 7 April 2014

BEREKUM CHELSEA IS TREATING ME UNFAIRLY-CHARLES TAYLOR




charles taylor
The former Great Olympics midfielder Charles Taylor who plied his trade for the two most cherished clubs in Ghana, that is Accra Hearts of Oak and  Kumasi Asante Kotoko is not enthused with the treatment from his current club Berekum Chelsea..

Taylor, who is currently on a year contract with former Glo premier league champions Berekum Chelsea, has disclosed to frontpagegh.com why he is not residing in Berekum for the expiration of his contract.

The 2009 CHAN tournament Silver winner speaking to David Manu Stevenson said,
“I  just recovered from an injury I sustained months ago upon which I was supposed to return to Berekum Chelsea  but the unfortunate case was that when I returned to Berekum, my rented room had been given to someone else with electricity disconnected .

Though, I found my belongings in the room and later reported the issue to my Chairman Nana Kwame Nketiah to resolve it and if possible find me a different place to sleep but the responds he gave to me was that  I should  personally find a new place to live for the rest of my contract.

How can I even stay in a room where there is no light? so I had to go back to Accra. I am now training with experience players like Stephen Appiah , Larye Kingston and a host of others to regain my form.” Said Taylor.

Taylor, who emerged  as a joint top scorer  in 2002 in the then Kinapharma prmiere league with Benard Don Botey  scoring 18 goals  each when asked his plans for his football career further unveiled that,

“I nearly joined Amidaus Professionals in the second round of the first capital plus premier league two days prior to the closure of the registration for the season but it never materialized. 

I think it’s the good lord who pave way for people therefore if the opportunity comes for me to join a new club either in Ghana or outside then I am ever ready to accept the offer provided my club Chairman will approve the deal.”

One time “God” of Ghana football, Charles Taylor, might hang his boots as series of injuries are hampering his career which has already seen some major ups and downs since he shot into the limelight but he says he has started training and he is hopeful to regain his strength.


CREDIT: FRONTPAGEGH.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment