Thursday 10 April 2014

“I WILL RATE KWASI APPIAH 90%”-FORMER GHANA DEFENDER JOE ADDO




Ex- Ghana defender Joe Addo says although there is much work to be done, he will rate Black Stars Coach Kwasi Appiah 90% looking at the sort of changes he has brought into the team.

In an interview with Accra based radio station Montie FM, the former Black Stars center back said he really acknowledges the kind of transformation Kwasi Appiah has brought into the Stars set up.

“Akwasi Appiah, if I look at the work he has done, where he took the team and where he has brought the team to, then I will say he has done well. He has really made Ghanaians proud”.
“He did not disappoint. When he came he was supposed to qualify us to the African cup. He took us there and we went to do well. From there he was also charged to qualify the team to the World cup and he did that perfectly”. 

“So based on that performance and the way he has organized the players, most of those who we did not know that he has now made them permanent members of the Black Stars, then I will say he has really done very well. If am supposed to rate him on a percentage scale I will rate him the higher 90%. Yes 90%, although there is a lot of work to be done”.

“I have known him for long and if he does the wrong thing I will tell him. If he does the right thing I will also congratulate him. He was my senior in the Black Stars. I went to meet him there so up till now I call him “capito”. I don’t call him Kwasi Appiah”.

“A very humble and respectful person since his days in the Black Stars and he has transferred it into his coaching ranks. He does his work well. But I still believe there is a lot of works to be done so I will give him 90%”.

The veteran footballer who won silver with Ghana at the 1992 African Cup of nations in Senegal played alongside Kwasi Appiah in the Black Stars on a number of occasions.

Kwasi Appiah who becomes the first indigenous coach to qualify the Black Stars to the World stage has been tasked to qualify the team to at least the Semi final stage of the World Cup. The 51 year old man who just returned from Europe is expected to name his provisional 30 man squad which will eventually be snip down to 23 who will represent Ghana at the Global soccer mundial.



By Frank Darkwah
Follow Frank Darkwah on twitter.@Blaqqkoffi

No comments:

Post a Comment