Tuesday 15 April 2014

BLACK STARS DEFENDER HARRISON AFFUL VISITS GHANA WEIGHTLIFTING TEAM IN TUNISIA



Black Stars defender Harrison Afful on Tuesday meet with the Ghana Weight lifting team in Tunisia made up of duo Juliana Arkoh and Christian Amoh and other officials including head coach Majeti Fetrie and President of the Ghana weightlifting Association Ben Nunoo Mensah.

In an interview with Ace sports Journalist Charles Osei Asibey far away inc Tunisia , the Versatile defender said the visit was  to Motivate and encourage the team ahead of their African Youth Olympic qualifiers.

“I came to motivate them. Because if this is what they have decided to do I think they have to go all out because me for instance as a professional footballer I know I have no other work to do apart from football so I always give in my all when playing. That is exactly what I want them to do as well”,Afful said. 

“I want to encourage them and I believe they will succeed. I don’t usually watch this game but I believe they can succeed .They should just be dedicated and take anything that the coach tells them. They should also pray and shouldn’t joke with their training. He added.

The two weightlifters are scheduled to represent the nation to seek honours at the Africa Olympic Games Weightlifting Qualifiers fixed for April 16-25 after putting up an excellent performance in Morocco.



By Frank Darkwah
Follow Frank Darkwah on twitter.@Blaqqkoffi

No comments:

Post a Comment