Tuesday 8 April 2014

FIT-AGAIN FRANK ACHEAMPONG EYEING FIRST TEAM ROLE




Belgium based Ghanaian winger Frank Opoku Acheampong has stated his desire to break into the Anderletch first team after returning from injury.

The 20 year old former King Faisal and Berekum Chelsea player was sidelined for a month after picking up an ankle injury while playing for Anderlecht in a friendly game against Belgian second tier side Aalst FC in February this year.

But the winger who grabbed the headlines during the World Youth Championships in Turkey last year after helping Ghana’s under 20 team (Black Satellites) clinch bronze says he is working hard in other to break into the first team of Anderlecht manager Besnik Hasi.

“Is difficult when you are injured but it takes time. All I need to do is to work harder and harder even more than when I was playing. Now that some of the players are also injured I have to work hard and come back stronger”. He told Power FM

“By God’s grace last week I started training with the group. I also had some personal training so I can say that now everything is moving and hopefully I will start my first game. So am just training and praying hard that I will come back strongly” 

Acheampong joined the Purple and White at the start of the 2013/2014 League season from Thailand side Buriram FC and have managed to find the back of the net 6 times in 18 appearances for the “Sporting”


By Frank Darkwah

Follow Frank Darkwah on twitter.@Blaqqkoffi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment